Dads French Canadian Baked BeansFrom caquilter 7 years ago
How to make it
- Soak 12 ozs of Great Northern Beans in water overnight or 8 hours.
- Deain beans, preserving 1 cup of water.
- Heat oven to 325
- Layer beans in baking pot with the following ingrediants:
- one medium onion sliced thin
- 2 inch chunk of salt pork
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed or diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black or white pepper
- 1Tbspn mustard - your choice
- Stir gently
- Place in oven
- Cover leaving making sure to leave an 1/2" opening in bean pot. lid and bake at 325 for three hours, adding reserved water as needed. (Beans should not be allowed to become dry.)
- Serve with apple cider vinegar dribbled over.
- Great refrigerated and served the next day.
The Cookcaquilter Daly City, CA
The Rating2 people
I've never heard of Great Northern Beans before and I live in New Brunswick, lol Sounds great though!! Thank you.heididouth in Upper Mills loved it
heididouth in Upper Mills loved it
Similar to mine,also French Canadian but always open to trying a new one. Thanks for a nice post!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!