Wild Mushroom Risotto with Pancetta Cream and ThymeFrom babsalaba 5 years ago
- ½ oz pancetta, diced (about three slices) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 3 cremini mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- An assortment of dried mushrooms, reconstituted and chopped shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1/3 cup of white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream shopping list
- ¼ cup shredded pecorino romano shopping list
- Fresh thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the pancetta in a little bit of olive oil, rendering off the fat.
- Remove the pancetta and sauté the fresh cremini in the rendered fat until they’re nicely golden.
- Add the pancetta back to the pan and toss together for a few seconds, then take out of the pan and drain the excess oil/fat.
- Saute the shallots in butter over medium-high heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute, then add the chopped wild mushrooms, let cook for a minute or so and then add the rice and stir to coat well.
- Pour in the wine and stir. Once it has absorbed into the rice, start adding the stock, one ladleful at a time. Stir constantly.
- Once the rice is cooked (no longer chalky-white in the center, but still firm (but not crunchy) to taste, add the cream, pecorino and thyme.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Then toss in the pancetta and cremini mushrooms.
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
The Rating5 people
Yummie recipe great post luv the flavor combo here thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love this "5"FORK!!!!! Recipe~
Except~~~ALL that 'tedious' stirring!
I just have to be honest!
Perhaps I can 'enlist' my Granddaughter to help
with the 'stirring'~
In any event~ I will 'Make&Taste' this
cr...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Yummmmo!!terryr in Vallejo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!