Easy Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom mendi 7 years ago
- 1 whole, cut-up chicken shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1 medium can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 small can tomato sauce shopping list
- 5 cups fresh or frozen whole kernal corn shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning shopping list
- Toppings: shredded cheese, homemade corn tortilla chips, diced avocado shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the chicken in a large pot with enough water to cover it.
- Add salt & pepper (to taste), along with garlic and onion.
- After chicken has cooked (about 30-45 minutes), remove it from broth and set it aside to cool.
- When chicken has cooled, remove and discard the skin and bones.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, and return to broth.
- Add tomatoes, sauce, corn, cumin and poultry seasoning to broth.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Top individual servings with cheese, chips and avocado.
- I like to place a few chips into each bowl first, then ladle in the soup and top with the cheese and avocado. Do take the time to fry your own corn tortilla chips. It really does make a difference.