Basic Marinara SauceFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 cups homemade tomato sauce, or 1 (35 -ounce) can Italian tomatoes with their juice, blended until smooth shopping list
- 4 large fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dry shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, or to taste shopping list
- pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- dry red wine, optional (when I add wine, I use about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan; add the onion and garlic, saute until soft.
- Add the tomato sauce, or blended tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered on low heat, until thickened, about 45 minutes.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!