Baked Potato SoupFrom eleven 6 years ago
- 3 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 med. bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbs. dried or fresh thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 baked idaho potatoes, chopped medium shopping list
- 1 or 2 baked sweet potatoes, choppped medium (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups water (depending on thickness of stew desired) shopping list
How to make it
- First, saute the chopped vegetables in the olive oil. When they are just tender, add the flour and stir in. Add half the chicken broth to skillet and cook until thickened. Shouldn't take long. Remove from skillet and put all into stew pot.
- Add remaining chicken broth, and water.
- Toss chopped potatoes with a little salt before adding to pot.
- Add thyme, and pepper.
- Since the potatoes are already cooked, you only need to simmer this stew for approximately 45 minutes to blend the flavors. I also added a few tortellini toward the end of cook time, but it would be just as good without it.
- Check for saltiness; may need more.
- Serve w/crackers or crusty bread, or green salad.