Smoked Bluefish PateFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1.5 lbs bluefish fillets shopping list
- Alder wood chips shopping list
- cream cheese, soft spreadable style , about 8 oz shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Very fine minced onion as desired shopping list
- Very fine minced celery as desired shopping list
- optional: dash of cognac if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Using a smoker ( I use Cameron brand ) smoke fish until done.
- Cool completely.
- Remove any skin or bones if needed.
- Place fish in processor and pulse along with finely minced veges.
- Add enough softened cream cheese to taste ( I used almost the 8 oz to the 1 1/2 lbs fish ) and pulse smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper.
- Place into serving crock(s).
- Cover and chill well before use.
- Serve with crackers , toast fingers or cocktail bread.
- Excess freezes well.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Might sound crazy, but I enjoy eating pate with potato chips.
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
my famiy will luv this high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
High 5 good recipescuzpat in Sikeston loved it