ZUCCHINI LASAGNA Low Carbs and Low CaloriesFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 ½ medium zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced length wise ¼ -inch thick shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cups tomato sauce ( no salt added ) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- ¼ tsp. black pepper freshly ground shopping list
- Pinch dried oregano shopping list
- 4 ½ -oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 ½ -oz parmesan cheese freshly grated shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley minced shopping list
- 6 lasagna noodles shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Arrange Zucchini slices in colander, sprinkle with salt and leg drain 20-30 minutes. Rinse to remove salt; pat dry with a paper towels.
- 2)In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, onion, garlic, pepper and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- 3)Preheat oven to 425
- 4)In a large pot of boiling water, cook lasagna noodles for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and arrange on clean kitchen towel to dry.
- 5)In a large bowl, combine mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley.
- 6)Spray an 8” square baking dish or pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread a few tablespoons of sauce over the bottom. Cutting lasagna noodles to fit the bottom of the pan, begin layering, start the first layer with lasagna noodles, then cheese mixture, sauce and grated cheese; then the next layer zucchini cutting to fit, cheese mixture, sauce and grated cheese. Last layer lasagna noodles with any cheese mixture, cover with sauce and grated cheese.
- 7)Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 5 minutes more, until top is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Calories per serving: 295, Fat: 9g, Carbohydrate: 36g, Cholesterol: 26mg, Sodium: 624mg
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating3 people
wow great post wonderful Lasagna thanks bunches Edmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
High 5 for this!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
This looks very delish ous to me, and I love the way it is cut back wisely on the heart-heavy stuff! thanks Ed. (you can cook for me Anytime!!)55555555555555555555555555555555555ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it