Vegetable-Rice StewFrom nancerose 8 years ago
- 1 cup brown rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 qt vegetable stock or reserved potato water shopping list
- 1 cup onion, diced, 1/2" shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup carrots diced, 1/2" shopping list
- 1 cup turnip, diced, 1/2" shopping list
- 1/2 cup fennel, cut 1/2 " shopping list
- 1 cup celery, diced 1/2" shopping list
- 1 cup green beans, 1/2" shopping list
- 1 cup corn kernels shopping list
- 1 cup green peas shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Fresh herbs of your choice, such as rosemary, thyme, or parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp flax seed oil, for garnish
- In a pot, cook rice in 2 cups of vegetable stock or reserved potato water until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a separate pot, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until tender. Slowly add vegetables in this order: carrots, turnip, fennel, celery, beans, corn and peas. Saute until tender. Add remaining vegetable stock or reserved potatoe water and bay leaves. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes then add cooked rice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh herbs as of your choice.
- Pour soup into bowls, drizzle with flax seed oil if desired and serve.
- Serves 4