Hot Sauce and Cola Chicken WingsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 24 chicken wings (about 4 1/2 pounds), tips removed shopping list
- 1 12-ounce can cola shopping list
- 1 2-ounce bottle hot-pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup cola shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 recipe avocado salsa (recipe follows) shopping list
- ............................................................................. shopping list
- avocado salsa shopping list
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine shopping list
- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and finely chopped; shopping list
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped; shopping list
- 4 green onions, finely chopped; shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro; shopping list
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar; shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice; shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced; shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper and shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt. shopping list
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours. shopping list
- Makes about 21/2 cups. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place the chicken wings in a large heavy, self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour the 12-ounce can of cola over the chicken wings. Seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or for up to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain the chicken wings, discarding the cola marinade. Return wings to bag; pour the hot-pepper sauce over the chicken wings. Close bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain the chicken wings, discarding the hot-pepper sauce marinade.
- 2. In a very large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook 12 chicken wings in the hot oil over medium heat till brown on all sides. Remove from skillet; place in a well-greased, foil-lined large roasting pan. Repeat with the remaining chicken wings, adding more oil, if necessary. Reserve the pan drippings. Bake chicken wings in a 450 degree F oven for 20 minutes or till tender and no longer pink.
- 3. For sauce: In the same skillet, cook and stir garlic over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the 1/4 cup cola. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or till liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Whisk in butter till melted and the sauce is thickened. Keep warm.
- 4. To serve, spoon Avocado Salsa into the center of 4 or 6 dinner plates. Place 4 or 6 of the chicken wings around the salsa. Drizzle the warm sauce over the chicken wings.
- Makes 12 appetizer servings.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating8 people
This would be sooo good!! high 5 againcuzpat in Sikeston loved it
this sounds really good ill bet its got great flavor
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
All sounds great to me.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!