pumpkin cake in a jarFrom ladychablis 6 years ago
- 2/3 Cvegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 2/3 C sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 C canned pumpkin shopping list
- 23 C water shopping list
- 3 1/3 C all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 t baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 t each....cloves, allspice, cinnamon shopping list
- 2 t baking soda shopping list
- 1 C walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- 325 degree oven
- grease 8 wide-mouth pint jars
- cream shortening and sugar
- beat i n eggs, pumpkin and water
- sift flour, baking powder,salt, spices,and baking soda.
- add to pumpkin mixture and stir well
- stir in nuts
- pour into jars, filling 1/2 full
- set jars on a baking sheet, bake about 45 min till done.
- cool slightly while still warm, place waxed paper on top and place lid on jar.
- cakes will slide right out once they are cool.
The Cookladychablis Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
I have made zucchini bread in a jar but never a pumpkin cake. Thanks for posting.m2googee in Tomball loved it
perfectjett2whit in Union City loved it
Humm!I heard the same thing as well.I never gotten this recipe and always wanted to know how to make it.Now I got the recipe.Thank you.5 forks for ya.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it