Roast Chicken With Orange Lemon And GingerFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 lemon, cut in quarters shopping list
- 1 roasting chicken, about 5 pounds shopping list
- 1 orange, cut in quarters shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger root, peeled and grated shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted, or olive oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- orange sections for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- . Rub the outside of the chicken with one of the lemon quarters, then discard.
- . In a small bowl, stir together the lemon and orange zests plus one tablespoon of the grated ginger.
- Rub this mixture evenly in the cavity of the chicken.
- . Put the lemon and orange quarters inside the bird.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- . Combine margarine or olive oil in a small bowl with lemon and oranges juices, honey and the remaining two tablespoons of ginger.
- Mix well.
- . Place the chicken in the oven and roast, basting with the citrus juice mixture you've just made at least four times during cooking.
- Cook about one hour or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife.
- . Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carve and garnish with additional orange sections.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Cooking Chicken203 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Italian Group93 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Lemon Lovers166 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
Every Thing Italian47 members