Stuffed porkFrom migobgr 5 years ago
- 25 dried plums without stone. shopping list
- 200 ml red whine. shopping list
- 100 ml cognac or brandy. shopping list
- 1 1/2 kg ham without bones, (ask your butcher to prepare it for rolled meat). shopping list
- 1 big leek sliced. shopping list
- 5 celery stalks with leaves chopped. shopping list
- 1 spring onion sliced. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic chopped. shopping list
- 6 tbs olive oil. shopping list
- ca 100 grape leaves (10 min boiled ). shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Put plums with red whine and brandy in a bowl and let stand minimum 3 hours to swell, ( better is overnight).
- Put salt and pepper on one side of the prepared meat.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a deep frying pan and stir fry leek, celery, onion and garlic for 5 min on medium heat to soften.
- Take plums out of the marinade and drain, set marinade aside.
- Put vegetables in the lenght on the meat and top with the plums.
- Place grape leaves on a smooth surface in the shape of the piece of pork and put meat on top of them.
- Carefully roll meat together with the grape leaves and tie all around with kitchen rope and put the roll in the deep pan with the marinade, the rest of the olive oil and a little hot water, cook for 2 hours with the pan covered on medium heat.
- Put roll on a plate let cool down a while and cut in slices.
- Serve with a Greek tomato salad and boiled potatoes or cooked rice.