Chicken RatatouilleFrom nancerose 7 years ago
- 2 whole chicken breasts, quartered, boned and skinned shopping list
- 1 -10 oz chicken broth or water shopping list
- 4 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 10 mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 small zucchini, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 small eggplant, chopped shopping list
- 1 - 5 1/2 oz tomatoe paste shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried chervil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried basil shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in a large skillet and tight-fitting lid. Cover with chicken broth or water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until done, turning chicken breasts once. Remove chicken to platter. Reserve broth.
- In a large saucepan, heat . Add oil, saute garlic, onion and green pepper until transparent. Add remaining oil. Saute mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes and eggplant for 15 minutes. Add tomatoe paste and reserved broth. Mix well. Add salt and herbs. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour, adding a little more broth or water if it gets too dry. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Return chicken to the vegetable stew. The dish may be made ahead and refrigerated at this point.
- Just before serving gently simmer until heated through.
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!