Flank Steak with Salsa VerdeFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh parsley shopping list
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained shopping list
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2 anchovy fillets shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 or 3 medium tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Make the salsa verde: Pulse the parsley, scallions, capers, lemon zest and juice, anchovies, garlic, mustard and olive oil in a food processor until slightly chunky. Pour into a bowl and season with salt.
- Preheat a grill to high or place a grill pan over high heat.
- Pierce the steak all over with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill or pan; grill the steak, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, turning once.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- Serve with the tomatoes and salsa verde.
- Per serving: Calories 465; Fat 31 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 66 mg;
- Sodium 545 mg; Carbohydrate 7 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 37 g
- Photograph by Antonis Achilleos