Triggerfish with Crab SauceFrom jeannej 6 years ago
- 1/4 Cup clarified butter shopping list
- 7-8 oz triggerfish portions, usually one side of the fish shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/3 Cup white wine shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1/2 fresh lemon shopping list
- 1 oz fresh jumbo lump or lump NC blue crab, (or fresh shrimp) shopping list
- 1 tsp capers shopping list
- 1/4 Cup softened butter shopping list
- fresh parsley chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a saute' pan on medium-high heat.
- Add enough clarified butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Place fish in pan and saute' until golden brown.
- Flip fish over and saute' until cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from pan.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add shallots and reduce sauce until almost dry.
- Squeeze lemon into mixture
- Add capers and crab.
- Carefully whisk in softened butter, add parsley.
- Ladle sauce over the fish.
- Serve with polenta.
The Cookjeannej Raleigh, NC
The Rating7 people
We don't have triggerfish here in the Northwest but we have lots of other yummy fish and the sauce sounds like it would be very versatile. Thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Never heard of triggerfish? thought it pull the trigger on you LOL!!!
sound good through! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!