Jiffy Barbecue ChickenFrom nancerose 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered or 1 tablespoon dried onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar or honey shopping list
- 3 tbsp Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, wings or chicken pieces, skinned shopping list
How to make it
- Place water and onion in blender. Pulse to finely chop onion. Transfer to a saucepan and add other ingredients. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes (this step can be omitted; if omitted, reduce water to 1/2 cup).
- Arrange chicken pieces in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover, and bake 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until tender. If desired, uncover during the last 15 minutes of baking. Serve sauce over baked potatoes or steamed rice.
- Tip: This sauce is also good on hamburger patties.
- Bake 325 degrees for 1 - 1/2 hours
- Makes approx 8 servings
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!