Creamy Herbed Pork Chops V ariationsFrom nancerose 7 years ago
- 4 pork chops, cut 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1 tbsp snipped parsley shopping list
- 2 tsp unbleached flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, thyme, or tarragon, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp instant beef bouillon granules shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk or light cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from meat. If desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper. In large skillet cook chops in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn chops and add carrot. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes more or till no pink remains. Remove chops, reserving drippings and carrot.
- For sauce, stir parsley, flour, basil, thyme, or tarragon, bouillon granules; and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into drippings and carrot. Add milk or light cream all at once. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Stir in water. Return chops to skillet and heat through. Serve, spoon sauce over chops.
- Serve with your favorite potatoe or rice.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Cheesy Pork Chops: Prepare as above, except stir 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese into sauce after thickened. Stir till melted.
- Curried Pork Chops: Prepare as above, except omit carrot. After removing chops from skillet, add 1 cored, thinly sliced apple to skillet and cook for 1 minute. Substitute 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder for the herb.
- Caraway Pork Chops: Prepare as above, except substitute caraway seed for the herb and 3/4 cup water for the milk.
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!