White Chocolate Mousse With Strawberry SauceFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 cup strawberry sauce (below) shopping list
- 7 large egg yolks shopping list
- 8 ounces white chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- Strawberry Sauce: shopping list
- 1 pound fresh strawberries shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Soften gelatin by sprinkling it into the cold water and allowing it to soften 10 minutes.
- Place strawberries, lemon juice and sugar in a soft pan and cook over gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- Blend to a smooth sauce then place 2 tablespoons sauce into bottom of 6 chilled wine glasses.
- Combine egg yolks and gelatin in a double boiler and whisk briskly over medium low heat.
- Continue cooking until mixture is thick enough to form soft peaks.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Place white chocolate in a microwavable bowl and heat on medium for 30 seconds.
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir with a fork.
- When chocolate is thoroughly melted fold it into the egg mixture.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into the egg and chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Carefully pour mousse into the glasses over the sauce then chill at least 5 hours.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Oh yeah! Sounds like a winner to me! Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
LOVE the flavors - white chocolate and strawberries...oh yeah!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!