Pear Cinnamon Bread PuddingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 cups brown sugar firmly packed shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1 clove shopping list
- 6 cups French bread cut into 1/2" cubes and toasted in the oven until dry shopping list
- 3 pears peeled cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup chopped blanched almonds shopping list
- 1/2 pound Monterrey jack cheese cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar, water, cinnamon stick and clove in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place a layer of the bread cubes in the bottom of a greased ovenproof baking dish.
- Add a layer of pears, raisins, almonds and cheese then repeat until all the ingredients are used.
- Remove cinnamon and clove from syrup and pour over the bread mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.