Pork Steaks And SauerkrautFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 6 pork blade steaks, cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1 tbsp. shortening shopping list
- 1 c. chopped onion shopping list
- 1 c. coarsely chopped unpared raw apple shopping list
- 1 can (27 oz.) sauerkraut, drained shopping list
- 1/4 c. dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 c. water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 tbsp. dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp. caraway seed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. applesauce, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Brown steaks in shortening on both sides in large skillet. Remove steaks from skillet. Add onion and apple to pan drippings; heat. Stir in sauerkraut, wine, water, brown sugar, mustard and caraway seed.
- Arrange steaks on top. Sprinkle with salt. Cover; cook over low heat 30 minutes or until steaks are almost tender. Spoon applesauce, if desired, on steaks. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until applesauce is heated through and steaks are tender. Makes 6 servings.