Louisiana Crab BoilFrom ladyboo 6 years ago
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds shopping list
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dill seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 8 bay leaves shopping list
- salt and cayenne pepper (or liquid hot sauce) to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all dry ingredients thoroughly. Place in a square of muslin or cheesecloth and tie securely with string, like a large sachet d'épices. Add salt and cayenne or hot sauce to the water to taste, then bring to a boil.
- When water for seafood is boiling, add the bag and boil for several minutes, until the boiling liquid is tinted and seasoned, then add vegetables and/or shellfish and cook until done, depending on what you're using.
- Yield: Enough crab boil seasoning for 5 pounds of seafood.
The Cookladyboo Chicago, IL
The Rating4 people
Welcome, great post.m2googee in Tomball loved it
Frogmore Stew is great! My sister had fixed a big pot and we were all enjoying the meal when she started breaking out with the hives!! Come to find out she was allergic to shellfish!! Not funny at the time :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!