Gluten Free Apple and Coconut Quinoa CakeFrom twilightrose 5 years ago
- 2-3 Large apples diced ( I used Granny Smith's) shopping list
- 3 Tb Organic Evaporated Cane juice sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 C water shopping list
- 1/4 C Bacardi rum shopping list
- 1/4 C shredded coconut shopping list
- 4 Large eggs shopping list
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter or Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks--melted shopping list
- 1 C Organic Evaporated Cane juice sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 C quinoa shopping list
- 1 3/4 C Arrowhead Mills Organic brown rice flour shopping list
- 1 tsp Aluminum Free baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 350 F.
- Combine diced apples, with 3 Tb sugar, water cinnamon, and rum in a saucepan. Simmer until liquid has mostly evaporated, and the apples have softened. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat the eggs and mix well with remaining sugar and the melted butter. Batter will thicken up.
- Stir in the quinoa. Mix together the brown rice flour and baking soda, and slowly add to the batter while continuing to mix.
- Grease a 9"X9" baking pan.
- Pour half of the batter in, smooth over, and fill with the apple mixture, then sprinkle with the shredded coconut. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake about 30 minutes. Cake is done when top is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- **I'm thinking about topping it with some fresh whipped cream, or honey next time.
The Cooktwilightrose Denver/ Nederland♥, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!