Vodka Marinated SteakFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon sea salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns crushed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 1/3 cup vodka shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 pound London broil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon beef stock shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine salt, peppercorns, parsley, thyme, garlic, vodka and olive oil.
- Place in a plastic bag along with the steak then refrigerate 3 days turning occasionally.
- Bring beef in its marinade to room temperature then take beef out of the marinade.
- Reserve marinade then heat vegetable oil in large skillet and sear beef on both sides.
- Turn heat down to low and cover the pan with aluminum foil as a lid.
- Cook beef 4 minutes on each side then wrap in a layer of foil to rest while you make the sauce.
- Strain marinade into a measuring cup and add enough beef stock to make 2/3 cup.
- Pour into the frying pan and deglaze adding any resting juices that the beef has made.
- When sauce is sizzling whisk in the butter then carve beef into thin diagonal slices.
- Arrange on a plate and pour sauce over beef then serve immediately.