Carrot Apple CakeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 1 cup grated apples shopping list
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- walnut halves and grated lemon peel for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour a square baking pan then set aside and preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and eggs.
- When the wet ingredients are well combined gradually mix in dry ingredients.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed then stir in carrots and apples just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan then bake 35 minutes and cool cake in pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese and butter with a wooden spoon.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla then stir to combine.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until blended then beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Frost top and sides of cake then cut into 12 squares.
- To serve garnish each piece with a walnut half and lemon peel.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!