Chicken Cornbread DressingFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 1 bell pepper shopping list
- salt, red pepper & black pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 2 ribs celery shopping list
- 3 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix (follow directions when preparing) shopping list
- 2 slices of toast shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Put chicken, onions, bell pepper, celery, salt, red pepper and black pepper in about 1 gallon of water. Let it cook until chicken is falling apart and the water has gone down enough to have a good stock. Prepare cornbread mix - I use 3 boxes of Jiffy.
- Cut onions real fine. Crumble the cornbread in a large bowl. Pour the chicken and the stock in the cornbread mix. Stir well breaking up the chicken. Let it cool down a little then add the eggs, crumbled toast and the cooked rice. Mix all together and sprinkle with paprika...Then pour into a 13 x 9 inch pan or 2 and bake for 30 minutes.
- Recommended Sides - We usually cook this around the holidays. However the leftovers can be frozen and you can eat this later with any meal
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Not added to any groups yet!