Sweet and Sour ChickenFrom judyjii 7 years ago
- * 3 whole Boneless, skinless chicken Breasts shopping list
- * salt And pepper shopping list
- * 1 cup cornstarch shopping list
- * 2 whole eggs, Lightly Beaten shopping list
- * ¼ cups canola oil shopping list
- * FOR THE SAUCE: shopping list
- * ¾ cups sugar shopping list
- * 4 Tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- * ½ cups vinegar shopping list
- * 1 Tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg (yes, this will be messy but it will be worth it, I promise!).
- Fry in a little oil until browned on all sides but not cooked through.
- Place in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Bake for one hour at 325 degrees F.
- Turn chicken every 15 minutes.
- If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the stovetop.
- Stir constantly and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced, about 6 to 8 minutes.