Whole Grain Zucchini BreadFrom myrna 4 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (can use regular whole wheat flour) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup grated zucchini shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnut, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an 8-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, oil, applesauce, yogurt, sugar, syrup and vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in zucchini and walnuts then transfer batter to prepared pan and bake until risen, deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack for 30 minutes then remove bread from pan and continue cooling on rack.