Slow Cooker Apple And Pear Sauce With GingerFrom modelsmom 5 years ago
- 6 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and quartered shopping list
- 6 firm pears, peeled, cored, and quartered shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 T fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 chunk fresh ginger, about 3 inches long, peeled and minced shopping list
- 3 T unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the apples, pears, sugar if using, water, lemon juice, and ginger in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the fruit is extremely tender and falling apart, on HIGH for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Beat to make a coarse mash, or use a handheld electric beater for a smoother sauce.
- Stir in the butter.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve cold.
- This will keep, tightly covered, for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating5 people
Have everything in the fridge. Can't wait to try this over the weekend!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
my daughter is making pear butter today yum high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
A great recipe.
5 forks from me.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!