Chicken Thighs with Fennel Lemon and GarlicFrom sosousme 5 years ago
- 12 boneless skin-less chicken thighs shopping list
- flour for dredging shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 12 cloves garlic, quartered shopping list
- 1 lemon, peeled, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 3 fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced shopping list
- sugar, to taste (optional) shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon (zest the lemon before peeling it) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel tops shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly coat the chicken with flour that has been well seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and saute until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan; set aside.
- Add the wine to the pan and simmer, scraping up all the browned bits on the bottom. Add the garlic and lemon slices; simmer about 5 minutes. Add the fennel; cover and cook 10 minutes. Stir will; return the chicken to the pan; placing it on the fennel. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- (LindySez party tip: prepare to this point up to 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Just before serving taste the sauce. If it's too tart, add a little sugar. If necessary, boil the sauce rapidly to reduce excess juices. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Combine the zest and fennel tops; stir most of this mixture into the fennel, reserving a little for garnish. Spoon the fennel onto serving plates and top with the chicken. Garnish with the remaining zest mixture.