Mexican Zucchini Corn and Black Bean Tostadas with Cotija Cheese and Chipotle Sour Cream DrizzleFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle puree in adobo sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus extra for the tortillas shopping list
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned and drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, small dice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained shopping list
- 4 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese shopping list
- Sliced avocado for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chipotle puree. Adjust to taste based on level of heat desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil, then add red onion. Cook until slightly translucent. Add corn and zucchini, cumin and cinnamon and season lightly with kosher salt. Sauté until zucchini begins to soften and brightens in color. Add black beans. Toss mixture to combine well. Adjust seasonings to taste. Remove from heat. Keep warm.
- In a small sauté pan, heat a little canola oil until a drop of water sizzles immediately when added to it. Cook 1 corn tortilla at a time, cooking each side lightly. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Divide zucchini mixture evenly among tortillas. Top with crumbled cheese, drizzle with chipotle sour cream
- and garnish with sliced avocado.