Middle Eastern Style HummusFrom jcahel 6 years ago
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans (or three cups of freshly boiled garbanzo beans) shopping list
- 1 pinch of baking soda (optional) shopping list
- 3/4 cup tahini paste (sesame seed paste - I like Krinos) shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for drizzling shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 tablespoon of the liquid for later.
- Reserve a small handful of the beans for a garnish.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the garbanzo beans.
- Blend the beans until smooth, adding 1/2 cup of olive oil gradually. Add the reserved water if needed to help blend.
- Add the tahini paste, lemon juice and minced garlic, cumin and salt and blend until the desired consistency. Scrap the sides and blade to mix completely.
- Spread the hummus into a flat serving dish and garnish with the reserved beans and a drizzle of olive oil.
The Cookjcahel Hereford, AZ
The Rating4 people
I love this stuff! Thanks for the post.clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Pretty good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Sound good and now i know what to do with garbanzo beanshungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!