Dairy King Jiffy BurgersFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 1 pound hamburger shopping list
- onion, yellow, finely chopped shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish, sweet I think, but it could have been regular shopping list
- mustard, enough to cover the meat when done like tomato sauce would for a normal sloppy joe shopping list
- mayo, just enough so the mustard is not too over whelming shopping list
- buns shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the hamburger and onion until well done.
- Add the salt and pepper as it cooks, to taste.
- Drain off fat, at least at this house!
- Throw in the relish, mustard and the mayo!.
- Put some on a toasty bun and serve!
- Yeah that is heaven!!!
- According to this I may have this recipe wrong but, I still like it!!!
- The Dairy King was owned and operated by Virginia Hoff in the 1960-70's. I worked for her for 5 years in the 60's.
- The jiffy burger was made by adding a powdered seasoning which was purchased from a company that delivered products to the Dairy King, to browned hamburger. The seasoning was a fine powder of beef bullion
- and a seasoning kind of like Lawry's seasoned salt.