Baked Swordfish with Olive RelishFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup kalamata or black oil cured olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped (you can do these yourself or you can use bottled, I use bottled) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced shopping list
- 2 anchovies, drained and minced (this really gives a good flavor to the relish, so try to use them and don't go yuck) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the olives, peppers, parsley, anchovies, capers, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, allow to sit for a while to let the flavors blend, 1 hour would be great. ( LindySez Party Tip: Make this the day before and let it sit overnight covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the swordfish on both sides with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Heat an oven proof skillet over medium high heat until hot; add the fish and sear on both sides until brown; then pop the pan in the oven to finish the cooking process; cook until done, about 10 minutes more.
- Put the fish on a warm plate, top with the relish.
- Per Serving: 338 Calories; 20g Fat (3g Sat, 9g Mono, 2g Poly); 34g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 653mg Sodium.