Chicken Tortilla Soup with LimeFrom mrsc543 4 years ago
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, minced shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander shopping list
- 2 cups yellow corn tortilla chips shopping list
- 2 tsp Tabasco shopping list
- 1 quart chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish shopping list
- Zest and juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped shopping list
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop the chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the hot soup pot. Lightly brown the chicken, 3 to 4 minutes, then add the garlic, bell pepper, onion, jalapenos, celery,cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While that is cooking, crush tortilla chips until well ground.
- Add the ground tortilla chips to the soup pot and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sour cream.
- Pass the lime zest, chopped cilantro, and sliced scallions in shallow bowls for each person to add to taste.
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating3 people
I like this. If tortilla chips are ground fine enough, They make a great thickener.
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Nice souphungrybear in Miner loved it
Hi, Mrs! I've got this book and love this soup recipe. I use to not care for RR's style...don't know what I was thinking! Now, I love her recipes. Thanks for the post. 5UP
Diannediannehocut in Little Rock loved it