Chicken Tortilla Soup with LimeFrom mrsc543 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, minced shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander shopping list
- 2 cups yellow corn tortilla chips shopping list
- 2 tsp Tabasco shopping list
- 1 quart chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish shopping list
- Zest and juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped shopping list
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop the chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the hot soup pot. Lightly brown the chicken, 3 to 4 minutes, then add the garlic, bell pepper, onion, jalapenos, celery,cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While that is cooking, crush tortilla chips until well ground.
- Add the ground tortilla chips to the soup pot and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sour cream.
- Pass the lime zest, chopped cilantro, and sliced scallions in shallow bowls for each person to add to taste.
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating3 people
Hi, Mrs! I've got this book and love this soup recipe. I use to not care for RR's style...don't know what I was thinking! Now, I love her recipes. Thanks for the post. 5UP
Diannediannehocut in Little Rock loved it
Nice souphungrybear in Miner loved it
I like this. If tortilla chips are ground fine enough, They make a great thickener.
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it