Sweet Potatoes - IrishFrom lor 4 years ago
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp. shallots, minced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced shopping list
- 1-2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or Grand Marnier (optional) shopping list
- 3/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add minced shallots and garlic.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, liqueur (if using),orange juice and maple syrup.
- Simmer at a lower temperature for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Drain sweet potatoes and return them to pot. Mash while still hot, then add reserved liquids and mix well.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- it can be made in advance then gently reheated before serving