Chicken ParmesanFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 4 (about 4 ounces each) boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (and can we agree not to use the stuff in the green can?) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or mix some oregano, basil and thyme together) shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/8 cup reduced fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed shopping list
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions shopping list
- 3 cups marinara sauce, either homemade or your favorite prepared sauce, heated shopping list
- 1 cup (4 - ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil or both, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chicken breasts into a large zip top bag; using a meat mallet (not the pointy tenderizer side, but the flat side) or rolling pin, pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Split the mayonnaise between each breast and spread it evenly across the top with a spatula or knife. Dredge each breast, mayo side only, in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place the breast, breaded side down; cook until brown, about 5 minutes; turn and cook the other side until done, about 5 minutes more.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place 1 cup of the cooked spaghetti in each of 4 oven-proof bowls or gratin dishes. Spoon 1/2 cup of the marinara over the spaghetti, top with a chicken breast then another 1/4 cup of sauce. Top with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 3 - 4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Garnish with the herbs, if desired.
- Per Serving: 592 Calories; 15g Fat (5g Sat, 7g Mono, 3g Poly); 48g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 1327mg Sodium.