Killer Chocolate Cream PieFrom hejhogg 7 years ago
How to make it
- In upright mixer only (not a hand mixer)--combine softened butter and sugar. Whip on medium speed until light and fluffy, approx. 8 minutes.
- Place 5 oz chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 45 seconds, then stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Add vanilla and cooled melted chocolate into butter mixture, scrape down bowl and let combine.
- Break open eggs, removing the little white albumen with spoon. This is the little white stringy part, and may affect the texture of your pie. You want it gone!
- Add one egg to the mixer bowl and mix for at least 5 minutes.
- Add each egg subsequently---mixing on med/high for 5 minutes after each addition.
- Once all eggs have been added and whipped, pour into pie shell and even out the top of the filling with a spatula.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- Make sure you whip the eggs well after each one is added. This is important to melt the sugar crystals into the pie.
- 2) Make sure you do remove the albumen stem from the eggs before whipping. It may end up being a stringy piece in your pie if you don't.
- 3) Keep pie refrigerated, and serve cool.
- 4) I do not recommend you serve this pie to pregnant women, elderly people or people with reduced immunity due to the raw eggs.
The Cookhejhogg Kellogg, ID
The Rating6 people
I'm adding this to my holiday list... great post.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I am sorry Hejjhog the five forks belongs to Knox... peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Very good!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!