Cheddar BreadFrom terigo 7 years ago
- 2 Pkg active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water (100 - 110F) shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salt shopping list
- flour - anywhere from 4 to 6 cups, enough for a non-sticky but moist dough shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups of shredded mild cheddar cheese, depending on how cheesy you want it. shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water, and let that sit for a few minutes.
- Put the milk, sugar, salt and cheese in a large bowl.
- Pour in the yeast mixture.
- Stirring with a wooden spoon (i use a stand mixer with a dough hook, which makes this process soooo much easier) add in flour, a cup at a time till you get a workable dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes on a floured surface, or let the dough hook do the job for you.
- Place dough ball in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for 2 hours
- Punch the dough down and separate into 2 loaves.
- Lightly grease 2 loaf pans and place a loaf in each one
- Let rise some more in the pans for an hour.
- Bake at 375F for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for an hour, even though they will smell so good you will want to grab a piece immediately!