Chocolate chip cookiesFrom aravi_vel 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (12 tablespoons) shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup nuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, soaked in hot water (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet morsels shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs.
- Sift flour and measure out 2 1/4 cups. After measuring the sifted flour, sift again with remaining dry ingredients. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, nuts and semi-sweet morsels. (We like Macadamia nuts and almonds, but walnuts, pecans or peanuts may be used). Add raisins, if using. Craisins make a nice variation.
- Drop the cookie batter by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set and firm and only lightly colored. Do not allow cookies to brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Cookies may be wrapped well and frozen.