Next Door Neighbors Pork ChopsFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 6 pork chops with or without the bone 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine divided 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream 1/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place pork chops in a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Cover bowl and refrigerate for one hour. Mix 1/4 cup buttermilk and mustard well. Drench chops in milk and dredge in breadcrumbs. Place on a rack in a broiler pan or cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take a 10 minute break and sample the nice white wine you're going to serve with the meal. Mrs. Breaux always did. (She said it was for quality control purposes.) Right, yuk, yuk!
- After your break, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add garlic, and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cream, chicken broth, and cheese. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes, being careful to not bring to a boil. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons butter until melted. Pour over chops and serve.
- Serve with a French-style green beans and pasta or mashed potatoes