Chinese Chicken SaladFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- 1 whole, bone-in chicken breast with skin shopping list
- 3 whole scallions shopping list
- 1 (1 inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced shopping list
- salt shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 8 wonton wrappers, cut into 1/3-inch strips shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 pound baby bok choy, stems halved, leaves left whole shopping list
- 2 cups mizuna shopping list
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, julienned shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, cover the chicken breast with water and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to low and skim. Add the 3 whole scallions, the sliced ginger and a pinch of salt. Simmer until the chicken breast is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and let cool to room temperature. Discard the skin and bones and shred the meat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1/2 inch of the vegetable oil over moderately high heat until shimmering. Add a small handful of the wonton strips and fry over moderate heat until crisp and golden brown, about 10 seconds. Drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining wonton strips.
- In small bowl, whisk the rice vinegar with the sesame oil, soy sauce, grated ginger and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced scallion, bok choy, mizuna, bean sprouts, carrot, cilantro and peanuts. Add the chicken, wonton strips and dressing; toss and serve.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
sounds like a wonderful salad... I like salads like this one..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I like thishungrybear in Miner loved it
Nice salad,high 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it