CRAB STUFFED JALAPENOSFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
How to make it
- Allow the cream cheese to soften. Add the crab and blend well. Slit the peppers lengthwise. Remove any seeds. Fill the peppers with the crab mix and close. Whip the egg whites. In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal and flour. Dip the peppers first in the egg, then in the flour mix, back in the egg, and finally in the flour mix again. Allow to rest 20 minutes. Heat oil to 350. Fry peppers until just brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
- Marinara Sauce
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 4 cups crushed (or ground) Pear Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Basil
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1/4 cup Red Wine (optional)
- Render the fat from the bacon in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove the bacon strips. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, but do not brown. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer over a low heat for about two hours. Stir often to prevent scorching.