EASTER BUNNY BREADFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven to 350
- 2)Cut a fourth off of one loaf of dough; Shape into a pear to form the head. For body, flatten remaining portion into a 7-inch x 6-inch oval; place on a greased baking sheet. Place head above body. Make narrow cuts, about ¾ -inch deep, on each side of head for whiskers.
- 3)Cut second loaf into four equal portions. For ears, shape two portions into 16-inch ropes; fold in half. Arrange ears with open ends touching head. Cut a third portion of dough in half; shape each into 3 ½ -inch oval for back paws. Cut two i-inch slits on top edge for toes. Position on each side of body.
- 4)Divide the fourth portion of dough into three pieces. Shape two pieces into 2 ½ -inch balls for the front paws; shape the remaining piece into two 1-inch balls for the cheeks and one ½ -inch ball for the nose. Place paws on each side of the body; cut two 1-inch slits for toes. Place cheeks and nose on face Add raisins for the eyes and the Almonds for the teeth.
- 5)Brush dough with egg. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 – 45 minutes. Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 6)Place bread on a lettuce-lined 16-inch x 13-inch serving tray. Cut a 5-inch x 4-inch oval in the center of body. Hollow out bread, leaving a 1/2-inch shell ( remove bread save for another use ) Line with lettuce and fill with dip.