Dutch Apple CakeFrom unique10001 5 years ago
- 6 oz’s self raising flour shopping list
- 3 oz’s caster sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ oz’s melted butter shopping list
- 1 level teaspoon of baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¼ pint of milk shopping list
- 2 large cooking apples or 3 medium shopping list
- 1 oz melted butter shopping list
- 2 oz’s granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Light oven to 200c or 400f or no 6 gas
- Grease a cake tin (rub butter over whole tin so cake doesn’t stick)
- Put flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Put egg, milk and 1 ½ oz’s of melted butter into a screw top jar (coffee jar is good).
- Shake well until all blended.
- Pour blended mixture into flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon to for form a smooth batter mixture.
- Pour batter mixture into tin and level out so its flat.
- Brush top of mixture with melted (topping) butter (1 oz)
- Peel, core and slice the apple into slices.
- Arrange slices in overlapping rows on top of the cake.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the top of the apple.
- Bake in centre of oven for 35 - 40 mins (depending on oven) until firm and brown. To check cake is cooked put a knife into the cake mixture and if the knife comes out clean (with nothing on it) the cake is cooked