Easy Chicken Fajita SoupFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 lb. boneless,skinless chicken breasts,cut in strips shopping list
- 1 (1.27 oz) pkt. fajita seasoning shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper,cut in thin strips shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper,cut in thin strips shopping list
- 1 poblano pepper,cut in thin strips shopping list
- 1 large onion,cut in thin strips shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can seasoned black beans shopping list
- 1 (14 oz ) can chicken broth shopping list
- dash of hot sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large pot over med. heat. Place chicken in hot oil;cook,stirring only occasionally till brown,about 10 mins.
- Sprinkle fajita seasoning over browned chicken,stir well to coat. Add red and green bell pepper,poblano pepper and onion to seasoned chicken. Stir,cook over med. heat till vegetables are soft,about 10 mins.
- Pour fire roasted tomatoes,black beans and chicken broth into pot with the chicken and vegetables. Bring soup to a boil over high heat,then reduce the heat to med-low,and simmer uncovered 30 mins,stirring occasionally.
- Season soup with hot sauce,salt and pepper to taste before serving.