Sauteed Cabbage You guessed it I put crumbled crisp bacon on topFrom twill10 6 years ago
- Sauteed cabbage ( You guessed it I put crumbled crisp bacon on top) shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/2 head medium green cabbage shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter (or omit and use bacon grease from the topping) shopping list
- 4 pieces of fried bacon crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Core and very thinly slice the cabbage.
- 2. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 3. When butter is bubbly, add the cabbage. Add salt and pepper.
- 4. Stir occasionally and cook until mostly wilted, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Turn the heat down to medium-low and let cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is starting to caramelize (brown), about 10 minutes. Serves 4
- I sometimes sprinkle sugar on cabbage while it cooks, it adds alittle sweetness,not a lot and top with crumbled bacon
- I have also used some hoisin sauce.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!