Vodka-Spiked Margherita PizzaFrom sabrinarose 4 years ago
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 pound plum or roma tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for drizzling shopping list
- 1/2 cup vodka shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Pizza: shopping list
- 1 (14 oz.) can refrigerated pizza crust shopping list
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced shopping list
- 8 medium fresh basil leaves, torn shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll pizza dough into a 12-inch round.
- Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet and place dough on top.
- With a fork, pierce the dough in several places.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside.
- Reduce oven temp. to 375 degrees.
- Blend tomatoes, olive oil and garlic in a blender or food processor until semi-smooth.
- In a small saucepan, cook tomato purée and vodka over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cream and simmer over low heat until sauce is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread sauce over dough.
- Evenly distribute mozzarella slices, oregano and torn basil leaves over pizza.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted.