Southern Fried CatfishFrom sabrinarose 4 years ago
- canola oil, enough for frying shopping list
- 2 pounds skinless catfish fillets, cut into strips shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more if desired shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat canola oil over medium heat in a 12-inch cast iron skillet to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, paprika and cayenne pepper. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Use a paper towel to blot the catfish fillets dry.
- Dip each piece in egg mixture, then dredge in seasoned cornmeal. Fry fish in batches, turning once, until deep golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove fish from pan an allow to drain on a paper-towel lined plate.