Grilled Chicken and Red Pepper TacoFrom hungrybear 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb boneless,skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers roasted & peeled shopping list
- 2 stalks celery,washed and sliced shopping list
- 1 med red onion,peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c black beans (about 2,Cooked shopping list
- 1/4 c cilantro leaves,Chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c oil shopping list
- 1/4 c orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 c lime juice shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced shopping list
- 1 t coriander seed,Ground shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1/4 c sour cream (or non-fat -yogurt) shopping list
- 6 (8-in) flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your grill. Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness, and grill or broil on both sides until cooked through, but not dried out, about 4 minutes on a side.
- It makes sense to grill the peppers at the same time. Slice, and set aside.
- Combine the bell peppers, celery, onion, black beans and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, coriander, pepper.
- Combine with salt and sour cream or yogurt in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well, and pour the dressing over the vegetables. Marinate the vegetables for 1 hour at room temperature. Do not marinate the vegetables for more than 1 hour.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, and grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on a side to soften.
- To serve, divide the chicken among the tortillas, placing it at the center of the tortilla. Divide the vegetables and their dressing on top of the chicken, and roll the tortilla into a cylinder.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating4 people
Sounds good, and a lot of flavors as well! FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I know i'm gona love this one.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Yum! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!