CHICKEN CORN PIEFrom ozsmom 7 years ago
- 4 tbsp butter; divided shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 bag frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper shopping list
- 2 green onions; thinly slised shopping list
- 2 tsp mustard shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt; divided shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 med sized yellow onion; finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup diced cooked carrots shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked geen peas shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked green beans cut in pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup green olives shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp corn starch shopping list
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken shopping list
How to make it
- Greas a shallow 2 quart baking dish with 1 tbsp butter.
- In a med bowl beat eggs slightly; stir in corn, cheese green pepper,green onions, mustard1/2 tsp salt and cayenne pepper. Pour half the mixture into the baking dish.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter of the remaining butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until soft.
- Add carrots, peas, beans, olives, red pepper, remaining salt, thyme and pepper.
- Saute stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl stir the stock and cornstarch together until smooth. Add the liquid to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in chicken.
- Pour the skillet ingredients over the corn mixture in the baking dish. Dot the pie with the remaining butter and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
The Cookozsmom Nepean, CA
The Rating6 people
Sounds like it will work to me. The carrots are already cooked and green peas and beans are better not over cooked. All the other flavors sounds great and filling. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
This sounds really good to me!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Sound fine to me!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!